My name is Joanne Lacroix, a California trained Acupuncturist and Herbalist. I spent 13 years in private practice and 8 years as the Oriental Medical Practitioner in San Diego's first and largest Integrative Medical Clinic. I treated all types of medical cases but spent much of my practice and Post Graduate Studies treating women with OB/GYN difficulties.
I was present at many of my patient's births as a labor coach using acupuncture and Doula support.
In 2016 I received training in HypnoBirthing® The Mongan Method.
Now in private practice in Victoria, BC, I concentrate on providing support for pregnant couples primarily teaching them the HypnoBirthing® Program and Doula services. My goal is to teach the various techniques for relaxation and self-hypnosis, helping pregnancy, and the birth experience to become a more comfortable, confident, relaxed and enjoyable journey.
Curriculum Vitae - Joanne Lacroix
- Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, California. 1996
Acupuncture and Chinese Herbalogy
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Cegep/College: Champlain College, Lennoxville, Quebec, 1971
Continuing Education (1996-2018):
- Post Graduate Studies in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Orthopedics, Sports Medicine
- Certified Life Coach
- HypnoBirthing® Practitioner, Hypnotherapy
- Dona and HypnoBirthing® trained Doula
- Licensed Acupuncturist, Herbalist, California, 1996-2018
- US National Licensed Acupuncturist: 1996-2016
- Acupuncturist, San Diego, Ca 1996-2000- 2008-2016
- Oriental Medical practitioner: Acupuncture, herbalist
- Center for Health and Wellbeing 2000-2008 (Integrated Med. Clinic)
- President: Acupuncture Learning Advocates 2000-2006
- Flight Attendant/Purser Air Canada - 1973-1991
- Production Manager, Maclean Hunter Publishing 1971-1972
Associations and Memberships:
- California State of Oriental Medicine Association
- Leads International Women’s Club
- The Treatment Of CIFIDS: Pacific College of Oriental Medicine 1996